Sunday, February 7, 2010

foodie*

I might be redundant about this but...
I LOVE Food!


So here is a lil taste of what I had today.
I went out tonight for a dear friend's birthday at Baton Rouge.  I have only been there once before and could not recall how the experience was.  This one I will remember though, because it was quite a delicious one =)


The setting of Baton Rouge has set the mood with the very dim lighting.  The structure of the interior as well as the furniture make me feel like there should be a live band and an open floor for those who want to dance to the music.  Might be weird...but when I think about the set up...that's what I think of hahaha.


As well it was quite loud when we were there so it became difficult at times to hear what someone was saying.
I took a few photos so that you can share in the experience to some extent. 


Baton Rouge Mardi Gras Prix Fixe Menu
Appetizer - Jambalaya Cajun Soup
Main / Entree - BBQ Pork Back ribs
Going clockwise: Juicy fall-right-off the bone pork ribs, delicious sweet potato fries, one of the best coleslaw I've had, and the sauce which I used for the fries. 
The portions are pretty generous...which is never a bad thing =)


Dessert - Bourbon Banana Bread
Bourbon Banana Bread (left), Key Lime Divine (right)

+ also got a the "Baton Rouge" burger


(I didn't eat this all to myself... =))
One thing I will say though, the dessert was not good at all.  We had a taste of 4 different types of desserts they offered, and none impressed me.
This is the picture of the other two desserts we tried.  (They brought it out for the birthday boy, and some of us think that these are just left over pieces hahaha.)




Tomorrow...or I guess really today, is Superbowl Sunday! So I've decided to have a few friends over to watch the game.  I'll be preparing crispy juicy wings with a lil spice as well as blue cheese sauce and nachos "the works".  I'm at least hoping that this will all turn out well since it's my first time trying the chicken wing recipe =).  I already did the prep work for the wings, and I was going to record the whole process from start til game time but I forgot to for tonight.  I'm going to update with pictures and the recipe I followed. 


I'm looking forward to the outcome of tomorrow's cooking session! =) haha.
Hope you are too~

1 comment:

  1. you would loooooove it on a cruise btw. All you do there is eat, four-star food all the time. I had like the best meals of my life everday on the ship.

    I wanna quit life here, and get a job on the cruise. WOULDN'T THAT BE CRAZY? come with me! :)

    ReplyDelete