Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Start of Casual Fridays

It's pretty late, but I was hoping to start this yesterday so I'm already a day behind.


There are 3 things that I will be sharing here for the most part:
1. Food: I absolutely love food.  I love to try new foods and wish I had some more time to spare to try cooking more varieties of foods other than pasta, fried rice, and chicken.  I might post some recipes or share some restaurants I enjoyed...I'm not that much of a food critic since I LOVE food and eat almost anything (yes there a few items that I do not like to eat....one of those are dates).
2. Sports: I absolutely love sports.  I love to play sports, watch sports, hear about sports even though I don't follow a specific sport, I still learn a lot just by listening to my boyfriend and friends conversations of the game that was on last night.
3. Random interesting things: I guess this can be pretty general since it could mean anything and everything.  I do want to try and keep it interesting though.


I'll start off by a "FOOD for thought".
Recently I tried this place called Steve's.  It's fairly new since the last time I drove by it was a Korean restaurant and now it's a breakfast place (well for the most part...they do serve other foods like sandwiches and such).  Now the last place I went to for breakfast (I don't know if I should mention the name so I will not), I did not have a good experience and I had such high hopes for this place.  One: the wait for the food was very long and for breakfast food it shouldn't take that much time to make...at least not 30mins! Second: the portions were very small.  Third: the toast (which came out last) was something I was looking forward to since the main food was disappointing and how can toast go wrong?  Well it went wrong.  It seemed as though they took once slice and made it into 4 pieces unlike most places they take 2 slices and cut it in half.  On top of that, it wasn't even toasted much.  It was the worst toast.  I don't normally complain too much about food cause like I said I eat pretty much anything. But this breakfast was the worst breakfast I've ever had.  I figured that the dessert had to be at least good since they are known for their funnel cakes.  It turned out okay (was good) but Paramount Canada's Wonderland still has better funnel cakes.  Overall I would not go there again. I think they should have done a better marketing job since it was the "Grand Opening".  They could have done a promotion such as a certain discount off for the first week or so (maybe something like if a you bring in the flyer you get --% off your bill).  That could bring in more traffic and people wouldn't be so disappointed since they didn't pay for the full price, which means that customer might visit again.  Just a suggestion.
Anyhow I went off to a slight tangent as I was starting off with Steve's.  They had pretty good portions and the poutine was DELICIOUS! The whole meal was pretty good, but that poutine stood out.  It was so good. 


Well there is my thought on a good and not as good breakfast place.  There are other mentionable restaurants but it is kind of late and it's an early day for me.


Goodnight =)

No comments:

Post a Comment