Thursday, March 4, 2010

Some 'Kick' Back into Old Spice

A friend of mine showed me a new ad from Old Spice, and we both enjoyed it.  We found that it was a big improvement from their last advertising campaign.

Let me know what you think.


 

I'm sure that there may be people who disagree with us, but it seems to really grab the attention. We also found that since people tend to have shorter attention spans going towards the younger generations, this ad really keeps your attention as it is constantly changing and quick paced.
It's also interesting that it's for men, though they are directing it towards women. It's not exactly like Axe, since Axe directs their ads to men by saying women will be attracted to Axe. Old Spice takes a slightly different approach and tries to prove to the women that Old Spice is the right deodorant that a 'Real' man should have, which I guess is indirectly speaking to the men.  This is shown by, not only is the direct dialogue to a woman, as well the very first scene being that of an attractive male, and diamonds and other details in the commercial that would attract a woman's eye before a man's.

Another thought, viral is a great way to spread news, and if something is interesting to a person, most likely he/she will pass that along...
Have something memorable, and it'll get passed along.  That's how I came across this commercial, by a friend sharing how she liked this ad.  Maybe it's cause we're marketing students and I like sharing ads I really liked and didn't like at all...(memorable/made impression) or maybe it's not just us. =)

That's my thoughts on it for now, let me know your opinion.

- Marketer in training =)

No comments:

Post a Comment