Friday, April 23, 2010

The Beginning of Freedom

My first official day of being finished school was spent baking =)
Two Items on the List: Coconut Cream Pie and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

The coconut cream pie needs 4 hours to chill in the fridge before putting the cream topping on/be served, so I decided to make cookies.  Elliot was over to help or more like watch while I bake so that we could hit the golf range after I was done.  I asked him to tell me the instructions so this way it could go a lil faster.  The cookies didn't turn out chewy and I couldn't figure out what I did wrong, until later when I read the instructions myself....I was suppose to take them out slightly under baked.  Elliot left this lil bit but crucial detail out.  I wanted to take some of the cookies for my lovely man-friend (haha my way of writing boyfriend), but because it was kind of a failure I didn't =(

On the bright side, the coconut cream pie turned out delicious!! messy but super YUMS!
Even Chieu-Nghi, who doesn't like coconut, and Jessica, who also is not a big fan of coconut, both enjoyed this pie! Jessica had another serving =) So even if you don't like coconut, I don't think the flavour is overpowering, but just the right amount, for all to enjoy! (:

After baking, didn't have time to go to the range cause I was going to go play some one-on-one basketball with my manfriend before he played pickup with the rest of the guys.  It's SOOO  much fun!! I'm not very good with my shot, but I'm a good defender...probably where my competitive side kicks in. Even in volleyball, my favourite thing to do is to block or pick up someone's hit; it's the best feeling.

Anyhow, the next day I had a GNI (girls night in) with Chieu-Nghi and Jessica =)  we made dinner and it was good times.  Listening and watching those two in the kitchen is hilarious.  It was obvious they don't cook much, let alone step foot in the kitchen hahahaha =).  But the food turned out DELICIOUS nonetheless!  We made chicken fingers and oven fries.  Not too difficult, since we do want to start off easy...and make something that's fairly fast (we were all starving).  I really wish though that we recorded ourselves while cooking...that way I could share with you the enjoyment I had of hearing them (especially Jessica...who will in the future need a cook and a maid ;) )  It was a good meal, and good times shared with the two of them.  <3 them~ (sorry next time I'll take pictures of all the food...usually I do...)  My parents and sister also got to enjoy the food when they came home later =)

HAPPY BAKING AND COOKING EVERYONE =)

No comments:

Post a Comment