Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Weekend - "Forever Young"

Saturday...
My dad asked me during the week to play for his team for a volleyball tournament being held for the adults (most being 40+)  at the church.  On the day of the tournament (Saturday), he calls me in the morning to make sure I'm there at least by 10:30am.  I wake up and get ready, expecting the car to be there so I can get there...only to find there is no car but thankfully my sister hadn't left yet for her work event so she dropped me off.

I get there slightly late, but it didn't matter anyhow since there were two games ahead of us...
this is how the game was going...

I thought oh dear....but then the games got more intense and me and my dad make a great pair! =)

After the first game we played, all the adults would come to me and say (in Korean)...
"oh you're so good!" 
"where did you learn to play?" 
"you are definitely your father's daughter" - referring to the fact my dad is the athletic type and plays sports.  I was surprised myself of how well my dad plays.  I didn't know what to expect, but he's pretty good and can set pretty well...I guess it helps to have strong thick fingers lol.

One of the adults comes up to my dad and I saying (in Korean) "I was going to ask my son to come play but didn't but now I called him to come since you brought your daughter.  He's getting ready now and he plays for his highschool team."  It became serious business for some people...lol

Another comment or question heard often from the adults was (in Korean) 
"how old are you?"
"What grade are you in?"
I tell them I'm 23 this year and/or finished university
They respond with initial silence with shock written all over their face...
and then "wow you look so young!" ...I guess I still look like I'm a teenager? which will be a blessing later when I do age and hope that I still look young hahahaha
Well it's been awhile since I jumped that much playing volleyball, since my dad's plan was to set me for most of the time, good practice for me.
But for someone who does not stretch...boy did I feel it the next day and especially the 2nd day after.  I go up and down the stairs with a hobble.

Staying on the topic of volleyball, that same Saturday I had a banquet to go to that is for a volleyball league I play in.  At first I wasn't feeling in the mood to dress up and go since I had a headache and wasn't feeling great, but I went and I'm glad I did.  I wanted to be there to support the league and my team, especially since our team won =) 
We are missing a few people (Glen, Carli, Jess Chae)
yay back-to-back wins!

I did dress up, but kept it simple
(me and wayne)
Maybe should have added some colour...

I also won a dvd player and a bluetooth usb [which I don't need but still cool I won!].  I was really hoping for the projector though! Everyone wins something, and the prizes ranged from a deck of cards (lol poor guys who won just cards) to the projector machine.

It was a fun night, because my team is an awesome bunch =) 
<3

Sunday ...
was my closest friend's birthday =)
Such a guys night [well makes sense since they're guys] as we played video games, ordered pizza, beer....the only girly thing was the red velvet cupcakes.  They just had to check if those silver balls on top of the cupcake are okay to eat....and we found out that it's not good to eat those poisonous lil metal balls.  The cupcake was delicious though lol.  So letting you guys know that those silver balls are for decorative purposes only...don't eat!
Then ended the night watching Kindergarten Cop, a classic Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.  A good Arnold movie.

It was a good weekend =)
Hope Everyone's Weekend was Great too! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment