Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Product Test: Face Cleansers

I didn't personally test all these products, I saw these in this month's issue of LouLou Magazine.

To look at the ones LouLou covered there were six: Chanel Precision Maximum Radiance Exfoliating Gel; Marcelle Hydra-C Radiance Facial Exfoliating Gel; Burt's Bees Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub; Biotherm Biosource Clarifying Exfoliating Gel; Kiss My Face So Refined Jojoba & Mint Facial Scrub; and Aveeno Positively Ageless Warming Scrub.

They looked at three things: smoothing power; pore-minimizing effect; and easy-rinse factor.

Two of the six actually scored perfect in all three categories

 Burt's Bees (natural) and Kiss My Face (eco-friendly - using organic ingredients)

However there are three that I would like to contribute to the list of cleansers that they tested.

St.Ives Apricot Scrub - love the smell, can see some difference in improvement in my skin, however I don't like to use a scrub everyday or twice a day because I feel like I'll be over exfoliating. 

So in the morning I'll use L'Oreal Hydra Confort Foaming Cream Cleanser

I also used Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (make-up remover and cleanser in one), however I feel like I have to rinse my face 20 times because it feels like it's still on my face! so that's a no-no.  Maybe these 2-in-1 type things aren't the best...and it's better to just have a separate cleanser & make-up remover.

also a tip (that most people probably know but I didn't know til I read it awhile back): Apply your lotion while your face is still damp (right after you wash your face and dry), this way the lotion will go deeper and it'll do a better job of moisturizing your face.

Now go make your face Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment