Thursday, April 8, 2010

SSN - Sonia's Sports Network

After coming back from my girl-date with Jessica and Chieu-Nghi, I wanted to catch up on the sports I missed.  I check the Raptors score...and we lost again, but we're suppose to get Bosh back for Friday but some people think it'll take longer for him to recover..I hope not.  Even if the Raptors make the playoffs (I know right now they are sitting at 8th, but the Bulls are only one game back), we're most likely going to be out the first round since we'll have to face Cleveland or some other super awesome team (lol I know I know...I should have more faith in Toronto right?...or not).  Well the slogan for NBA is "where amazing happens", so maybe something amazing happens like a miracle and the Raptors will exceed my expectations...but really, something amazing has to happen.
Talking about Toronto, the Captain for the TFC team is no longer playing on the team but will be the assistant general manager, or so I heard on the radio. 
Also I thought the Masters started today because last night TSN said watch the Masters at 3pm tomorrow (today)...which my boyfriend thought was weird cause he said it should be Thursday.  So either we misunderstood, or TSN got it mixed up....after trying to find the results for today's supposed start of the Masters and finally asking my dad...it starts tomorrow!

Anyhow, in related sports news....


This is the new Nike Ad: Tiger with his father, Earl, voice.
Earl's saying in the background: "Tiger, I am more prone to be inquisitive to promote discussion. I want to find out what your thinking was. I want to find out what your feelings are, and did you learn anything?"

Some might think that bringing his personal life into the ad is not the best idea, but why not?  It's the spotlight right now and it's not like there's a single person who doesn't know about it, so why pretend like nothing happened.  The ad seems very real in that sense that it doesn't shy away from the issue, and I like the line "and did you learn anything?"  Seems his father's words are very fitting for the his current circumstance.

Anyways, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment